Thursday, November 19, 2009

It really sucks to be a woman.

I just felt the need to post something...anything, really.

Maybe i'll start with how i'm feeling: SHITE.

Yes it is that time of the month, but that shouldn't mean that I feel depressed, oversensitive and obsessive about little things does it??

I kid you not, until this year I never noticed-or-believed that I was affected by my hormones in any real way. I don't get period pain (TOUCHWOOD) and I don't worry about following my period to see exactly when it's due..I just kind of let it happen. I start to get hints by my skin being more oily and less perfect, and then *BAM*, one day, there it is.

I realise this is a very uncomfortable topic for ALL men, and some women. But I'm not scared of it. Heck if I have to put up with bleeding for 4-7 days a month then I'm sure as hell not going to be embarrassed to address the issue. It is our right as tyrannical, hormonal, irrational women to have some outlet to such a discomfort.

Men face sterility and unspeakable pain if anything makes less-than-gentle contact with their 'nads, and women have the agony of childbirth. Fair trade-off?? I think not.

So when I get a bit crazy (worse than usual) or insecure around 'that time of the month', I expect people to be understanding.

The thing is, I hate people who use PMS as an excuse to be a mega, insane BITCH, and I was never the girl who brandied about this inconvenience as a right to maim. I just accepted that I had fiery Italian blood, and blamed any anger-issues on that. But really, in all seriousness, I have started to accept that I do feel low, upset or am quick to take offence in direct proportion to my current cycle.

It pains me to say that, but it's true. I understand that ladies should try their best to be rational about such things, but please realise, that with everything going on inside their bodies such a miraculous request is not always plausible. Just try to ride out the storm in the most caring way that you can - it's always so much worse to be the one living through the tumult and bleeding from a very private place than it is to be a mere observer.

No comments: