Sunday, August 31, 2008

Space Spaghetti!

THE TOP FIVE SHOWS I CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH UP ON...

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 4.5



...RECIPE FOR ALL OUT SPACE GOODNESS AND INSANITY: blow some stuff up; add aggravated civil war as well as all out robot VS. human war; have characters that fall in violent, PUNCH-HAPPY Love; A large dose of Starbuck; Complicate things with robot/human sex; human/human sex; robot/robot sex; imaginary head-sex; any other type of conceivable sex; throw in a lot of timely political commentary that mirrors the flawed human condition; add some more 'SPLOSHIONS and another smattering of the kick-arseness that is STARBUCK to spice: smush it round, and you have the best show on TV.


ONE TREE HILL SEASON 6:



Sure season 5 was over-all disappointing, but it took some big risks and some of them paid off. I don't give a blind-toss about the "WHO - WILL - LUCAS - MARRY - BLAH BLAH BLAH" storyline, but I do have great love for nathan/haley/james and most of the other character plots.

EXCEPT the s5 storyline where Brooke wanted a baby and consequently acted all psycho and "motherly" to a child she was fostering for a COUPLE of weeks (while it had life-saving surgery). SHE ACTED LIKE SHE PUSHED THAT THING OUT A HOLE THE SIZE OF A LEMON HERSELF, instead of just borrowing it for a handful of days. They hardly mentioned the poor family who actually were bringing the kid up and couldn't afford to travel with it themselves. If they pull that s*** again I may have to throw things at the TV and yell a lot.

Also if they quote Lucas' book ONE more time and claim that it was a bestseller when it sounds like the WORST story ever put to print I will be forced to get my hands on every script containing it and burn them in a giant bonfire (and at the very least fast forward any CMM scenes from then on). Can anyone spell BULLCRAP/ BORING/ LAME/ CLUTCHING-AT-STRAWS?????

I do still love the show though and I hope the writers/producers step up ALL ROUND next season.

THE MIGHTY BOOSH SEASON 3:



I STILL haven't watched it all yet :-( I'm saving it since they don't yet have season 4...
I want to buy the CD eventually, those shoupy-comic-geniuses - bless their hearts. If anyone needed a reason to watch this show here are the s2 SOUP lyrics for good measure:

Soup, soup a-tasty
Soup, soup a-spicy
Carrot and coriander
Chili Chowder
Crouton, crouton
Crunchy friends in a liquid broth
I am Gespachio, ooh
I am a summer soup, mmm
Miso, Miso
Fighting in the Dojo
Miso, Miso
Oriental prince in the land of soup!


(*Ahhh...maybe you had to be there*)

THE OFFICE SEASON 4.5 AND SEASON 5



Due to the writers' strike I haven't seen the last few eps of season 4 (or maybe just the finale - but STILL *sniff*). This show just gets better and better in my opinon, and I have to say that I find the character development, relationships and plots much funnier than the original British version. (I know some rabid BBC fans don't agree with me here. But trust me - they're WRONG).

I NEED to know how and IF Jim proposed to Pam, and IF NOT, WHY NOT?? If he did, did she say yes??! Did she say No???! If she said NO then WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER!??! Did she maybe fall down and hit her head?!? Will she require life-saving brain-surgery as a result and realise that Jim is her one-and-only true love and finally say yes (then marry him at her hospital bedside)?!?! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS PEOPLE. Seriously, look what my imagination does when I don't have the answers. O_o NEXT SEASON HURRY UP ALREADY.

//rant over.

Last but not least, I really really wanna see:

SEASON 3 SUPERNATURAL



We haven't got it in Australia yet so I'm waiting patiently for the DVDs so I can be good and legal about it, and watch it all in a row. I am a great horror / thriller / mythology fan, so the plots and content in most of the episodes are fantabulous and always jam-packed with entertainment value. Some are better than others (I stubbornly choose to pretend the ep with a racist-possessed-killer-Ute doesn't exist).

But this is still a must see, mostly because those boys are FINE. Damn fine. And so was their ill-fated Dad (major DILF factor). Yes it is a gratuitous girly pleasure watching each episode with Dean and his snarcastic humour (HOTHOTHOT). Plus Sam with the broodiness...(though not so much). Luckily I only have to wait one month to get my hands on this sizzling-railway-train-to-hell/DVD.

Bring on October ;-)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Still waiting on Season 5...*AHEM* :P